To help with your Microsoft Cloud Adoption and Azure migration, you need a few things to be successful:
- Define your strategy, what are your expected outcomes? Where do you start, what skills do you have or need?
- Plan, this may include organisational alignment to get moving to the Cloud
- Ready, this is where you look at your governance, Landing Zones /Blueprints
- Adopt, this is where you actually migrate your workloads into the cloud, existing apps and new
Here are some useful tools, templates, and assessments provided by Microsoft to help on your journey:
Note: It is not as if you can’t get these resources elsewhere, I purely just wanted a list format for easy reference.
- Cloud journey tracker Navigate to the most relevant adoption content efficiently, and detect early adoption blockers
- Business outcome template
- Cloud adoption plan generator
- Azure DevOps demo generator Leverage Azure DevOps to log and track your cloud adoption plan
- Cloud adoption plan template Align technical efforts with business outcomes.
- Azure setup guide Step-by-step guidance to help admins plan, set up, and secure Azure for your organization
- Readiness checklist
- Naming and tagging tracking template
- Landing zone blueprints Host your workloads, pre-provisioned through code. Including foundational capabilities using a defined set of cloud services and best practices.
- Strategic migration assessment and readiness tool (SMART) Prepare for a scale migration
- Azure migration guide Step-by-step guidance to help assess your current environment, prepare for migration and make the shift to Azure
- Azure innovation guide Step-by-step guidance to help build innovative solutions leveraging Azure platform capabilities
- Governance benchmark Understand your current state and prepare for your cloud journey
- Governance process template
- Cost Management process template
- Deployment acceleration process template
- Identity process template
- Resource consistency process template
- Security baseline process template
- Azure Well-Architecture review Examine your workloads through the lenses of resiliency, cost, DevOps practices, security and scalability.
- Best practices source code
- Operations management workbook
The Microsoft Cloud Adoption Framework page has everything listed above and more! If you are serious about Cloud Adoption, then the reading through the official documentation not only gives you better context to the resources linked to in this page, but gives you more ways to think about potential opportunities to help with your Cloud adoption!