Want to know how to change your Windows 7 Logon background to something a bit more modern/fancy? Follow the options below.
- Launch Regedit, and browse to ‘HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionAuthenticationLogonUIBackground‘.
- Double click the dword key called ‘OEM Background‘ (c_reate it if not there_) and set its value to 1. Locate the log-in background image you’d like to use. It must be a JPG file that’s less than 245kB in size.
- Copy the image you want to use to C:Windowssystem32oobeinfobackgrounds folder.
- Rename it to backgroundDefault.jpg
- Restart computer and check out your new handy work.