How to install a Wifi Max Wifi dongle in Windows Vista
- Download the latest drivers
- Run the file and go through the install.
- Once installation has completed plug the Wi-Fi dongle into a USB port
If you have already plugged the WifiMax dongle in before running the driver software then the WifiMax dongle will have been installed using Vistas default wireless driver. To repair this, follow the instructions below:
- Right click Computer
- Select Properties
- Click the Hardware Tab
- Select Device Manager
- In the list, select Network Adaptors and you should see an Atheros device.
- Right click the Atheros device and select Properties
- Click Driver and select Uninstall (make sure Delete the driver software for this device is checked).
- Now go down to Other Devices (still in Device Manager)
- Right click the USB 2.0 WLA device
- Select Update Driver and choose Browse My Computer For Driver
- Browse to the path that the drivers from the previous step were installed on, usually: C:\Program Files\ZyDAS
It should then find the correct driver and install it.