Having issues with sysprep popping up all the time? Follow the instructions below to stop that annoyance from happening.
- Click Start
- Click Run
- Type: regedit
- Once the Registry Editor loads, navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMSetup
- Now to the right you should see some registry entries which you need to edit.
- Change AuditInProgress to “0”
- Change cmdLine to “setup –newsetup”
- Change FactoryPreInstallInProgress to “0”
- Change MiniSetupInProgress to “0”
- Change SetupType to “0”
- Change SystemSetupInProgress to “0”
You are pretty much changing Yes I do want to run SysPrep to No I don’t want to.
- Finally, navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINEMicrosoftFactory and delete Factory.
You are now safe to delete the SYSPREP folder where it may be (ie C:SYSPREP)