Problems importing your Mass Effect 2 save game into Mass Effect 3, this is caused because Mass Effect 3 actually looks to the Mass Effect 2 folder.
- Click Start
- Click My Documents/Documents
- Go into the Bioware folder
- Right click, select Create New, Folder
- Name it “Mass Effect 2“
- Go into the newly created Mass Effect 2 folder and make a new folder called “Save“
- Go into the Save Folder
- Now create a new folder for your character save ie Luke_30_Adept_070212
- Go into your new folder, and paste your save game from Mass Effect 2 into it.
- Now run Mass Effect 3, Go to New Game, Import ME2 Character & choose Import Career.
- Now you should be able to play!
If the above doesn’t work. You need to reinstall Mass Effect 2. Copy your save game back to the Mass Effect 2 folder in My Documents/Bioware/Mass Effect 2/Save and load your save game back into Mass Effect 2. Then save your game again. Exit out of Mass Effect 2, load Mass Effect 3 and you should be able to import your character.