Issues with your iPad’s wireless? Try the following tips below, these can also be used for just normal Wireless issues.
Turning it on or off again
First things first “have you tried turning it on and off again”.
- Turn your broadband router off for a few minutes then turn it on to have the device reconnect to the exchange.
Reset Wireless Settings on iPad
- Reset the Wireless settings on the iPad
- Open Settings
- Go to “General” in the left-hand menu.
- Scroll down and tap Reset
- Select “Reset Network Settings.”
Note: This will delete any saved Wireless security keys_
Turning off/Changing Wireless Security
- You need to access your routers configuration page. Open your web-browser.
- In the top address field type: 192.168.1.1 (or 10.1.1.1) – It also may be something different
- Type in the username & password to access the Configuration (Generally admin,admin)
- Look for Wireless Security and go into it.
- Either change the Wireless Key, or change the security to Open (non secured)
- Press Save
Adjust your iPads Brightness
One of the issues with the earlier iPads, is that when on the lowest brightness setting the iPad has problems connecting to the internet. Go to Settings_
- Select Brightness & Wallpaper
- Slide the brightness slider up, then Apply.
- Wait two minutes to see if you have an improvement in Wireless strength.
Turn off Bluetooth
Due to interference issues turning off Bluetooth can sometimes boost your wireless signal._
- Go to Settings
- Go to General
- Select Bluetooth
- Slide to off.