- Press the Windows Key + R to open the Run dialog box
- Type in: cmd and press Enter
- This will load the Windows Command Prompt
- Using the CD (change directory) command – change your directory to where you want to save the report… for example “cd Desktop” will change to your Desktop.
- Type in: gpresult /h LocalGrpPolReport.html and press Enter
This will then load the group policy snap-in in the background and generate a HTML page called: “LocalGrpPolReport.html” that you will be able to open and see what policies have been applied to that local machine and which policies are taking precedence over others.