There can be various reasons why people are unable to Remote Desktop into a Computer – one of the reasons could be they are not in the Remote Desktop users group on the local machine or the necessary services – for Remote Desktop connectivity aren’t enabled. Follow the guide below to make sure the services are fully enabled and up and running you can test one at a time.
- Open Run
- Type in: services.msc
- Click Action
- Click Connect to another computer
- Type in the hostname of the PC you are connecting to and press Enter to connect
- In the Services list navigate to the following and make sure they are started by double clicking to open the Services Property box –changing the Start-up type to Automatic and select Start:
• Remote Access Auto Connection Manager
• Remote Access Connection Manager
• Routing and Remote Access
7. Once those have been changed navigate to the: Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) service and change Start-up type to: Disabled and stop the service.