- In order to fix this – you need to close all Internet Explorer windows.
- Open Credential Manager (start type in: Credential Manager)
- Under Windows Credentials – select & remove all associated Username & Passwords
- Once removed log the user out and get the user to login again.
- They should now be able to access the Intranet & Internet.
Note: I have come across this when the users – password has reached expiry so when attempting to login again the user is usually asked to reset his or her password.
Note: Also make sure the proxy details in Internet Explorer are set correctly for your environment.
Note: Also – Windows 8 compatible.