In order to fix this issue you need to reset the Ink Waste counter, which is an ink counter that monitors how many prints that it has available on that one Ink Cartridge. Follow the methods below to repair this:
- On the Brother printer press the MENU and MONO buttons
- While holding the MENU and MONO buttons down press the UP ARROW 4 times.
- Now the computer should be in maintenance mode and you can stop pressing the buttons.
- Using the Arrow keys to select and the Set button to select go to: 8
- Then select
- Select through modes using the Mono button until a Purge Counter appears.
- Now enter 2,7,8,3 by using the Arrow Keys and Set to select to reset the counter to .
- Now tap the Stop key
- Using the arrow keys again enter 9 and press set to select.
Now you should be able to print.