In order to remove the Ads on the sidebar, we need to block them using an inbuilt list called the HOST file.
- Go to a machine with Handycafe installed
- Click on My Computer/Computer
- Goto: C:WindowsSystem32drivers
- Find the “hosts” file
- Right click the host file and left click Properties
- Uncheck Use Read Only and left click Apply
- Right click the hosts file and left click Open With
- Select Notepad
- Ignoring everything listed in the file, go to the bottom of the file and enter in the following:
- 127.0.0.1 ad.handycafe.com
- 127.0.0.1 search.handycafe.com
- Click File
- Click Save
- Restart the machine and the Ads should now vanish, do the same procedure on all your Café machines.
Note: Using a local firewall on the machine you could also block the Domains as another method of blocking them.