- Open Active Directory Users & Computers
- Right click Computers
- Search for the computer name you would like to remove and right click and select Reset
- Now on the computer logon using a local computer account.
- Right click Computer/My Computer
- Select Properties
- Click Computer Name tab and select Change
- Click on Member of – and change from Domain to Workgroup and click Ok
- Windows will prompt you to restart your Computer – select Restart later
- Select Domain and enter in the domain name you wish to reconnect to and click Ok
- Enter in your domain credentials to add the workstation back to the domain and click Ok to restart the computer.
Note: The benefit of doing the Reset in Active Directory first – allows you to maintain the computer groups and security identifier without loosing it.
You can also use the following Powershell command on the local PC to restore the secure channel to the domain: