Nothing causes more frustration, then when your favorite Internet Explorer search engine keeps resetting. This is how you fix it.
” IE8 will reset the search provider setting to default setting of xxx search. IE8 will open the search provider dialog where you can change your search provider”.
- Close any instances of Internet Explorer you have open
- Click Start.
- Click Run.
- Type in regedit and press enter
- In the editor, expand and navigate to the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionExplorer
- Right click User Shell Folders
- Select New and then Expandable String value.
- A new value is added in right pane
- Type in AppData and press enter
- Double click AppData
- Under value data type in_ %USERPROFILE%Application Data. _Note: If there is already AppData in the right pane, double click and correct it to %USERPROFILE%Application Data
- Exit Registry Editor
- Open Internet Explorer