Due to inconsistencies in Microsoft’s remote assistance and dual monitor technologies – there is an incompatibility between Server 2008 R2 and some Windows client operating systems – not allowing you to use Citrix tools to shadow and control XenApp sessions – follow the quick guide below to remote assist Xenapp users.
A way around this is to – publish Remote Assistance for Helpdesk and System administrator access.
Table of Contents
Configure Remote Assistance in XenApp
- Lal Mohan (http://lalmohan.co.nz/2013/07/02/configure-windows-remote-assistance-in-citrix-xenapp-6-5-for-multi-monitor-shadowing/ ) has written a great blog post on setting this up – just follow the guide to configure Remote Assistance in the XenApp environment.
Using Remote Assistance & Citrix AppCenter to Remote Assist users
- Log into the Citrix Application Portal
- Launch Citrix AppCenter
- Select XenAppFarm
- Click the Users tab
- Find the user you want to connect to and check the Server they are on.
- Go back to the Application Portal and click the Remote Assistance application
- In the Type a computer name or IP address – type in the Server name the user is connected to and press Next
- Select the name of the user you want to connect to and select Next to start the Remote Assistance.