To repair this issue you need to have a Windows XP CD.
- First you need to boot from the Windows CD
- Once at the first “welcome” screen, press R to enter the Recovery Console
- Press the number of the Windows install you would like to repair (ie 1)
- Type in your Administrator password if there is one, if not press Enter.
- Now we need to copy two files from the Windows CD to your Windows install folders, type in the commands below:
- copy d:I386ntldr C: (Press Enter)
- copy d:I386ntdetect.com C: (Press Enter)
- Type: exit
Your computer will now restart, remove the Windows CD and you should now have a bootable Windows installation.