First you need a third party utility called – Dexpot. This utility is free for non-commercial use & can be obtained from: Dexpot.de.
- Once downloaded – run the installation file to install.
- Click Next & I Agree to accept the license agreement.
- Select Private Use for home use – if you are using this commercially you can select Commercial Use (30 day trial) and select next.
- Make sure the Destination folder is correct (default path is: C:Program Files (x86)Dexpot for 64bit machines) and select Next.
- Uncheck – I accept the Terms of the Tune-up Utilities box to prevent grey ware from being installed & select Next to actually start the installation process.
- Once installation has completed – Click Finish to launch Dexpot.
- On your Taskbar you will now have 4 Virtual Desktops – you can select each one to navigate back & forth between them.
- You are now running Virtual Desktops!
- In the notification tray – right click the Dexpot logo.
- Select Settings
- From here – you can adjust the number of concurrent Virtual Desktops running on your workstation from 2 to 20.
- You can also make it start during Windows start-up, configure applications to open in certain Virtual Desktops & set different Desktop icons for different Desktops.