Being able to determine who is currently logged into a particular Windows system – such as a server can be useful for identify performance problems and notifying the relevant users of an impending restart.
- Open a command prompt on the machine
- Type in: quser
- This will list the users currently logged in and what type of session are they using.
Note: If you have opened an elevated command prompt you can use: quser /server:Servername to show logged on users on remote machines.
- Open Task Manager (by clicking CTRL+ALT+DEL) on the PC
- Click on the Users Tab – up the top.
- This will list the users currently logged in and what type of session are using.