In this guide I am using a media player called: VLC (VideoLAN) to do the conversion – it can be downloaded free “here”.
- Once installed – open VLC media player
- Put the DVD you want to rip the audio into your computer
- Click Media (up-the-top)
- Click Convert/Save
- Click Disc (up-the-top)
- Make sure the DVD is selected
- Press Convert/Save (down-the-bottom)
- Change the destination file field to the location where you would like the audio saved to.
- In the profile drop down box select Audio –MP3
- Click Start
Note: Make sure you have the right stream selected in step 6 – or you might just record the Menu sound – for example: VOB_1 compared to Vob_0.