- Click Start
- Click Control Panel
- Click Program and Features
- Click Uninstall a Program
- This will now launch the installed programs list
- Click “Turn Windows Features On and Off” on the left hand menu
- Check Windows Gadget Platform
- Press Ok
- Your PC will restart and gadgets will be re-enabled.
Note: Although originally enabled in Windows 7 – Microsoft had deactivated the gadgets due to unstable/malicious code that allowed unsavoury individuals remote access to the PC. If re-enabled make you are running the latest Windows Update and the Windows Firewall service is enabled.