‘An error occurred while accessing the DHCP database.’
One of the issues I have ran into since an upgrade to Windows Server 2012 R2 DHCP servers – was due to multiple processes access the DHCP database when I was attempting to Create or Modify a DHCP v4 reservation.
- Adding an exclusion to DHCP.MDB file for Real Time scanning on my antivirus product.
- Disabling the Windows indexing service from indexing the DHCP folder.
To disable the Windows indexing service from indexing the DHCP server follow the quick steps below:
- Open Windows Explorer – or Computer: on the DHCP server
- Navigate to: c:\Windows\System32\DHCP
- Click on the General Tab up the top and click Advanced
- Uncheck ‘For Fast Searching, Allow Indexing Service to Index this Folder.’
- Click Ok
Microsoft Anti-Virus Exclusion List – https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/953.microsoft-anti-virus-exclusion-list.aspx