- Open My Computer/Computer
- In the URL or address bar paste: %windir%\system32\GroupPolicy
- Right click and delete the: Machine and User folders to clear local group policy cache
- Restart the computer to reapply the group policies
Note: You can also run: gpupdate /force on the machine to force the policy to reapply.
You can also run the little PowerShell oneliner as Administrator to remove the Group Policy folder and all files below:
- Delete the “HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft” Key (looks like a folder).
- Delete the “HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft” Key
- Delete the “HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Group Policy Objects” Key.
- Delete the “HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies” Key.
- Remove the computer from the domain – (change to a Workgroup)
- Restart computer
- Run gpupdate /force
- Rejoin the domain