The application has failed to start because CSRSRV.DLL was not found. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.
First you need to access the recovery console. Following the instructions below
- Boot with your original Windows XP CD. You need one which will allow you to get into the Recovery Console.
- Once booted, choose to use the Recovery Console
- Choose which Windows installation you need to log into. if there’s only one on that machine, it will be “1?.
- Type in the Administrator password.
- You need to then copy a version of the file that isn’t corrupted, over the one that is. Type: Copy d:i386csrsrv.dll c:windowssystem32csrsrv.dll
- Restart the Computer
This command also may indicated Harddrive failure. Scan with a Hard Drive tool such as Spinrite or HDD Regenerator to make sure the drive is in good condition.