A few BOOTMGR Fixes for those having problems with Windows 7 /Vista startup.
BOOTMGR is compressed.
- Boot from the Vista DVD.
- Click ‘Repair my Computer‘
- At the prompt to select your OS installation, click the button that says ‘Load Drivers‘. This should bring up a explorer-style drive browser.
- Then just right-click on the drive you tried to compress, and deselect ‘Compress this Drive’ which should still be ticked on. Hit Apply & Apply to subfolders/files.
Fixing “BOOTMGR is missing” Error While Trying to Boot Windows 7 or Vista
- Press F8 at Windows start-up to get to the Safe Mode menu & select Startup Repair
- Open Command Prompt
- Type the following command: bootrec /fixboot