Having issues with your computer booting into the Recovery Partition instead of the Windows operating system? Try the guide below to repair.
- First download Gparted and burn it to a CD
- Boot from the Gparted CD (F12 or Esc are common hotkeys to bring up the boot menu during system startup)
- Just press Enter through the default options to boot into the user interface.
- You should see several partitions on your computer – this usually consists of System, Operating System (C:) and Data.
- Right click the Operating System partition
- Left click Flags
- Left click Boot (the boot flag will set the OS partition to bootable – it is probably set to System or the Recovery partition at the moment)
- Click ok
- Now shutdown gparted and restart your computer. It should now boot into the operating system.