Problems getting Security Essentials installed? Try these tips below.
- Remove any old Antivirus software that could be causing incompatibility with Security Essentials
- It is likely that some parts of the old antivirus are remaining, such as Norton’s Symantec services. Attempt running the antivirus removal tools from the developer’s websites to remove leftover traces.
- Download & install the latest Microsoft Windows Installer & attempt Security Essentials install.
Still not working? Then try the following.
- Run a System File Checker (Start, Run type: cmd then press Enter to open Command Prompt, then type sfc /scannow then press Enter) – You may need your operating system CD at this point if it needs to grab files off it.
- Open Command Prompt, following the instructions above & type: “reg delete HKLM/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/SQMClient/Windows/DisabledSessions /va /f” press Enter.
- Attempt reinstall.