If you are like me – you rely heavily on the Num Lock key and having it disabled on boot is extremely annoying – using a quick registry change you can enable Numlock by default in Windows 8.
HOW TO enable NUMLOCK ON STARTUP
- Press the Windows Key to open the Tile (Metro) screen
- Type: regedit to search for the Windows Registry Editor and press Enter.
- When the Registry Editor loads – navigate through:
- HKEY_USERS,.DEFAULT, Control Panel, and Keyboard.
- Locate the InitialKeyboardIndicators entry and right-click it, select Modify.
- Enter 2 into the box.
- Click OK to save the changes.
How to disable Numlock on Startup
Follow the same steps till: Step 6 than instead of 2 type: 2147483648.