Warning: Resetting the PRAM/NVRAM will cause the Mac to lose operating system settings such as Time and Volume settings.
Note: Used successfully to fix Touchpad not “clicking” issue on a Macbook Pro
- Make sure the Mac is turned off
- Press Command+Option+P+R and hold down the keys
- Press the Power Button on the Mac (while still pressing the keys down)
- The Mac will then flash and restart, release the keys once you have reached the second start-up noise.
- You have now reset the settings and your Mac should continue booting.