Note: This is usually – for the nightly builds. The stable builds seem to have Google integration.
Note: Please backup your phone beforehand – I take no responsibility if your phone fails to boot.
- First thing is first – download Gapps (goo.im/gapps/)
- Plug your Android phone into your computer
- Open My Computer/Computer & navigate to the Download folder
- Create a folder in the Downloads folder called: gapps
- Copy the downloaded Gapps zip file (leave as is – do not uncompress) into the folder
- Once copied turn your Android phone off.
- Now you need to boot into the phones Recovery mode – for the Samsung Galaxy phones & Clockwork Recovery press Power & Volume Up button at the same time to boot the phone and open Recovery mode.
- Once in Recovery mode – navigate to: -install zip
- Select – install zip from /sdcard
- Select the Gapps zip file
- Select Yes – Install Gapps
- It will go then go the copying process and uncompress the zip & install Gapps.
- Once completed – it will say: Install from SD Card Complete.
- Navigate back to the root menu of Recovery Mode & select Reboot System Now.
- The android device will restart and you will see “Android is upgrading.”
- Congratulations you have now installed GApps onto your Android device and should now have access to Google Play & Gmail.