- Right-click on Aion in your Launcher game list
- Select Properties
- Change/update language
You are running a North American client from Europe and may need to reinstall the European client. Odds are you’ve been playing Aion since way back in the beginning. When you re-install, the version that gets installed is determined by your OS locale settings and Launcher Options. It will take a while, but you will need to remove Aion completely from the Launcher and from your PC and start from square one with the installation. If you have a decent speed internet, this shouldn’t take all too long unless you do it during prime time.
Remove English files fix:
- Delete the language files in your installation folder AionL10N
- Make sure your Launcher’s regional settings are correct
- Make sure that your Aion language settings in the Launcher are correct
- Restart the Launcher completely & let it patch the correct language files.
Re-install only in Launcher fix:
- Remove Aion from your launcher by right-clicking and choosing “Uninstall”. Do not remove your game files – only remove it from the Launcher.
- Restart the Launcher.
- Right-click on Aion (should now be displayed as “Not installed”) and choose “Install”.
- Customize the installation so that all language settings are correct and point it to your Aion game folder from the previous installation.
- The Launcher will now try to patch any missing language files & hopefully resolve your issue.