Warning: Following this method will erase all your data – including Contacts & Photos
- First you need to download your iPhone/iPod Touch firmware. Click “here” to download the firmware.
- Once the download has been completed – Open iTunes
- Click on your iPhone/iPod Touch (if using older version of itunes – on the left if not it is top right)
- Hold down SHIFT and left click the Restore button.
- A Browse for dialog will open – locate and select the downloaded iPhone/iPod firmware.
- Click Open
- iTunes will now verify the consistency and authenticity of the firmware file to verify it is a valid Apple firmware. Then start the restore process.
- Once completed your iPhone/iPod Touch should restart and you should now have a freshly reset iPhone/iPod Touch.